trackrunner
11-19-2010, 12:51 PM
some members here have some good photos for this

http://nationalparks.promo.eprize.com/experiencecontest2010/

cross post earlier by Ram at the canyons group
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/canyons/message/58483

Ryebrye
11-23-2010, 08:23 AM
No alteration or manipulation of photographs is permitted except for cropping, red eye removal, and/or adjustment of contrast and brightness. Photographs may not be submitted if they depict anything that does not adhere to the rules of the Federal Recreation Agency Lands.

Gotta love a contest that keeps with the times.

If you have to clone out a dust spot or something, no contest for you!

Maybe you can split hairs and say that any adjustments you make are just adjustments to the brightness on a per-channel basis and sometimes at the individual pixel level. (Since that definition would basically allow any photo alteration you wanted)

asdf
01-19-2011, 12:37 PM
Did anyone here enter and/or make the top 100? The site has been "wonky" all day and is currently down. None of my photos are showing in the top100 gallery but if you searched for my email adress I was able to vote on one of my three images.... oh now the site is back up. wtf

oh and some of the images in the top 100 are pure crap.

edit- site is now up but you cant see any photos.

wes242
01-19-2011, 02:51 PM
Sweet! I see 2 of my photos on there. I was in the running last year and lost :roll: I am always dissapointed on some of there choices too.

asdf
01-19-2011, 05:39 PM
Good luck!
You should post a link so we can vote. As far as I can figure I voted for my own photo (thats not even in the contest) and now I cant vote for anyone else. The interface is pretty comical.

ibenick
01-19-2011, 06:34 PM
I know I see at least one on there from a Bogleyite.... is that your kiva shot, p40whk?

wes242
01-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Good luck!
You should post a link so we can vote. As far as I can figure I voted for my own photo (thats not even in the contest) and now I cant vote for anyone else. The interface is pretty comical.

Yeah thats how mine seems to be. I remember getting an email a while back about this and being picked, but it is setup just odd that I don't know what that really means. Looks the same as the day I loaded them.

p40whk
01-22-2011, 06:58 PM
I know I see at least one on there from a Bogleyite.... is that your kiva shot, p40whk?

Yes, mine is in there! I had forgotten that I posted it! Thanks for pointing it out to me, hopefully it'll get a few votes but I'm just happy it made the top 100!

ibenick
01-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Yes, mine is in there! I had forgotten that I posted it! Thanks for pointing it out to me, hopefully it'll get a few votes but I'm just happy it made the top 100!

I voted for you. Maybe you should throw up a copy of that image (or a link) so people know what to vote for.

p40whk
01-22-2011, 07:26 PM
I voted for you. Maybe you should throw up a copy of that image (or a link) so people know what to vote for.

Thank you! I appreciate that!

I couldn't figure out how to get the link directly to the photo but if you search for "Kiva" it narrows it down to 3 or 4. Here it is from my Picasa Album:

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_iFvCrmAyUYk/TOAVoGfXVuI/AAAAAAAAAqs/ZBwTqO6onAs/s912/Mesa_Verde_3191_2_3_tonemapped.jpg

tmartenst
01-23-2011, 01:24 AM
Voted. Nice work!

p40whk
01-23-2011, 06:54 AM
Voted. Nice work!

:2thumbs: Thank you!

asdf
01-23-2011, 06:12 PM
I'm still disgruntled I didn't get picked.

Been voting for your Kiva shot once day, I hope you win.

p40whk
01-23-2011, 07:21 PM
I'm still disgruntled I didn't get picked.

Been voting for your Kiva shot once day, I hope you win.

Thanks Summit, I love your pictures and just figured they were in there. Sometimes you never know what people are looking for and what we find appealing, others do not. I took the top 100 pictures out of the 2000+ I took while I was there and asked my friends to pick their top 5 (I wanted to use them for a photo book), everyone picked different pics and few of them were my favorite... Go figure?

p40whk
01-31-2011, 04:29 AM
Last day to vote is today, was reading the official rules this weekend and was happy to see that the winners and first 5 of the 10 honorable mention will be chosen by their panel. The remaining 5 honorable mention are chosen through the voting process. Keeps it a bit more fair this way. There are some great (and not so great) photo's entered, I'm anxious to see what they choose as the best!

wes242
01-31-2011, 02:02 PM
I looked again cause before I wasn't sure if I was still in the running cause I could see 2 of my pictures. Now we I click on the map it does show just one of mine now. So I hope that means I am still in the running.
Here is mine that I posted from Yellowstone this past June.

Good Luck to all that made it!

p40whk
03-15-2011, 09:51 AM
Results are due out today, good luck to all. Would be nice to see a Bogley member win.

Nothing posted as of noon Est.

tanya
03-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Win or loose.. you guys are GOOD!:clap:

p40whk
03-16-2011, 05:05 AM
Thanks Tanya but doesn't look like any of us won :(

I don't mind not winning but looking through the winners I'm a bit confused as to their selections. There were much better photos in the top 100 than what was selected. There was a grizzly photo that made honorable mention that doesn't even compare to the one above.

It's a bit frustrating