PDA

View Full Version : 80% of U.S. families did not buy or read a book last year!!!

accadacca
02-02-2007, 10:04 AM
No big surprise right....they're all on uutah.com. :haha:

http://www.humorwriters.org/startlingstats.html

greyhair biker
02-02-2007, 10:10 AM
AAAHHH! I cant hardly drive past Hastings in RockSprings without going in and looking for SF/Fantasy books...and the local library knows our family ...our 18 yr old is on the youth board for the library...GEEK?? I think not...he's one of the 'cool' kids. I think each one of us in the family has at least one book on tap at all times...so, maybe I'M the geek :lol8: or maybe its my wife...she's one of those Deseret Bookclub members & what we cant find local we go to Amazon.com for.....okay....we're geeks :ne_nau:

accadacca
02-02-2007, 10:25 AM
AAAHHH! I cant hardly drive past Hastings in RockSprings without going in and looking for SF/Fantasy books...and the local library knows our family ...our 18 yr old is on the youth board for the library...GEEK?? I think not...he's one of the 'cool' kids. I think each one of us in the family has at least one book on tap at all times...so, maybe I'M the geek :lol8: or maybe its my wife...she's one of those Deseret Bookclub members & what we cant find local we go to Amazon.com for.....okay....we're geeks :ne_nau:
You said it, your a GEEK! :lol8:

greyhair biker
02-02-2007, 10:44 AM
:roflol: :roflol: :popcorn:

DiscGo
02-02-2007, 12:36 PM
I bought more books than I read, and I definitely watched more TV than I read, but I still am in the 20th percentile. That is sad.

basilone0331
02-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Am I the only one that has a "throne" book?

DiscGo
02-02-2007, 01:45 PM
My brother has a full bookshelf in his bathroom (hands reach from the toilet). I think that is a bit much, but he is as in to reading, as I am in to the outdoors.

Rev. Coyote
02-02-2007, 02:28 PM
Am I the only one that has a "throne" book?

I read pulp and paper industry publications while in the can. Oh, and logging journals.

DiscGo
02-02-2007, 02:47 PM
My brother has a full bookshelf in his bathroom (hands reach from the toilet). I think that is a bit much, but he is as in to reading, as I am in to the outdoors.

Darn it! I went to the bathroom and realized that I am just as bad. I had not really thought about it before now but I have more magazines in my bathroom than any doctor's office to which I have ever been.

greyhair biker
02-02-2007, 07:10 PM
I must be corrupting my boys 'cause I have Maxims, Mountain Bike Action, and various other assorted mags on the back of the throne that only get changed out when the next months issue comes :lol8:

nefarious
02-02-2007, 10:33 PM
I own a lot of books, but I haven't purchased any in the last year. I thought that purchasing books would make me smarter, but it turns out you need to actually read them for that to happen.