PDA

View Full Version : Another Photoshop question

Wasatch Rebel
09-18-2006, 01:10 PM
What's the oldest version of Photoshop that works with XP? And what about Photoshop 5 LE--is that scaled down version still pretty good? What about no-name or not-as-familiar named products that can do the same kinds of things as Photoshop?

I'm in the market for some good photo editing software, but I don't want to break the bank to get it, if you know what I mean.

Sombeech
09-18-2006, 01:48 PM
I'm not sure what you're wanting to do, but Picasa may get the job done for you, and it's free.

Go to http://picasa.google.com/

Wasatch Rebel
09-19-2006, 05:39 AM
Thanks, Sombeech. Maybe I need to experiment with Picasa more. I already have it. I guess what I really want is something that has a great red-eye reduction tool, and I want to make some great slide shows. I also want to learn how to do stuff like splicing someone else's head onto another body and those kinds of horseplay.

asdf
09-19-2006, 05:51 AM
You can always use good old MSPaint

Wasatch Rebel
09-19-2006, 12:37 PM
Yeah, I guess what I really need to do is sit down with the programs I already have and find out what they can do, instead of looking for something else that I won't have time to figure out. :haha:

Deathcricket
09-19-2006, 10:50 PM
Kinda off the subject I guess. But if you do get Photoshop, use the color replacement tool for your red eye. It's pretty neat. I've been messing around with it for fun and have produced some interesting results. I just bought the educational version since i'm using it for personal use only. You can save some cash that way.

I do pretty much the same thing as you. Splice heads, change eye color, etc. Just using the color correction feature though makes my crappy camera pics look pretty decent though. :2thumbs:

Late

-D-

Sombeech
09-19-2006, 11:15 PM
Thanks, Sombeech. Maybe I need to experiment with Picasa more.

That's what I've been editting the new Image Bar photos with. :nod: