PDA

View Full Version : Need tech help! Recording phone conversation

Sombeech
08-17-2006, 07:03 PM
I'm in desperate need of some technical support. What is it? Is my life in danger? Will I lose my house? Am I getting sued? Am I being threatened?

No, I want to play a practical joke on somebody. :afro:

Here is what I want to do. Now that I am graduated from k0ll3dge, I want to call the bookstore and ask them "What is the fine for Xeroxing my mathbook?". I would like to record the phonecall, as I explain that I am considering saving myself over $500 in cash by copying all of my textbooks, then returning them within the 100% moneyback week. :eek2: :twisted: :bootyshake:

I have heard that you can use your PC modem to record a phonecall. Of course, most of us have LAN cards, but my PC at work has a fax modem as well. Does anybody have experience in this? Somehow you have to use the modem to dial out, and there should be a recording function with it.

But if there is a different way (easier) that does not involve a PC, I would love to try that as well. I don't really want to use the speakerphone and a tape recorder, I don't want them to think I am putting them on if they sense the speakerphone.

And after that, I want to prank with some of those celebrity soundboards.

asdf
08-18-2006, 04:51 AM
ok

Sombeech
08-18-2006, 07:36 AM
Thanks for the link. I think that will work! Sucks that I have to purchase the modem thing though. Might be worth it.

rockgremlin
08-18-2006, 07:47 AM
That's funny!! Be sure and post the recording here when you pull it off. :2thumbs:

Sombeech
08-18-2006, 07:53 AM
I'm supposing with the modem setup, that you plug the phoneline into the "line" port on your PC, then the phone port has the phoneline coming up to your desktop phone.

asdf
08-18-2006, 07:58 AM
ok

Sombeech
08-18-2006, 08:20 AM
35 bucks for the program. For all of the pranks I've dreamed of making, it's already worth it.

accadacca
08-18-2006, 08:59 AM
This is going to be great! I cant wait to hear the pranks... :roflol:

Sombeech
08-18-2006, 09:04 AM
The sample lets me record 2 minutes. I'll have to try before I buy

rockgremlin
08-18-2006, 09:23 AM
Crankyankers...Uutah style! :haha: :popcorn: